[Zlib-devel] FYI: article about autoconf + pkg-config ...

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Thu Mar 23 21:03:54 EST 2006

Hi folks,

although zlib itself doesn't use autoconf, but many other packages
importing it do so, you might be interested in this article:

http://www.metux.de/articles/coding/trimming-down-autoconf-with-pkg-config

As you've probably seen: I've supplied a patch which installs
a proper zlib.pc file, so other packages do not need esoteric
tests like trying to compile/link against zlib anylonger - they
now can simply ask pkg-config.

I've tested my zlib patches against 1.2.1, 1.2.2 and 1.2.3,
so I suggest we release fixed minor fix versions for each three,
(-> 1.2.1.1, 1.2.2.1, 1.2.3.1) ASAP.

cu
--
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service